This is an update of our 2017 post on budget smartphones under RM500.
Smartphones are getting better by the year. We have yet to see the limits of how cheap a phone can be, but we can still enjoy decent ones with just RM500.
These are 5 of the best you can get with that budget.
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Already a household name, Xiaomi’s low-end phones are highly competitive in its computing power and camera.
Choose this for: best overall value
- 5.7″ IPS LCD
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- Octa-core 1.8 GHz, Adreno 506
- microSD, up to 128 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 12 MP with PDAF rear camera, 5 MP front camera
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM
Asus Zenfone Max Plus
ASUS has been making budget phones with their ZenFone line for a long time and they’ve gotten pretty good at it.
Choose this for: battery life
- 5.7″ Full HD Display
- Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM
- Dual 16MP Rear Camera / 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted) / Fast battery charging 5V/2A
- Non-removable Li-Po 4130 mAh battery
Nubia M2 Lite
The Nubia brand maybe relatively new in the market, but they’ve pushed their hardest to bring you the best specs while keeping prices reasonable.
Choose this for: high internal storage
- 5.5 HD Display
- Octa Core, 3GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage
- Rear Camera 13MP Front Selfie Camera 16MP
- 3000mAh Battery
- Lightspeed Fingerprint Sensor
Sharp Aquos M1
Sharp has gotten past getting their feet wet in the smartphone market, and they’ve been marching forward by playing on their strengths: imaging.
Choose this for: High-resolution front-facing camera
- MT6753 1.3GHz Cortex
- RAM 3GB
- Internal Storage- 64GB
- Micro SD Slot- Yes, up to 64GB
- Display (inches)- 5.5
- Resolution (px)- Full HD 1080 x 1920
- Rear Camera 13MP
- Front Camera 13MP
- Dual Sim
- 2600 mAh battery
Broken links? Email us at email@example.com