Note: KiniDia is a trademark owned by Write Handed Communications
2. ACCESS AND USE OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES
- Age Limitations and Restrictions.
Accessing the KiniDia Services and/or the Content from territories where KiniDia does not offer the KiniDia Services is prohibited.
- Registration and Your Information.
- If you want to use certain features of the KiniDia Services you will need to create an account (“Account”). You can do this with your email address via the KiniDia Site or Apps, or using your account with certain third-party social media platforms such as Facebook (each, an “SMP Account”). If you choose the SMP Account option, please note that we will create your Account by extracting from your SMP Account certain personal information such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on the SMP Account permit us to access.
- It is important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your Account and you agree to update such information to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you do not, we may suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you will keep your password and Account information secure and that you will not disclose your Account password to anyone else and you will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You are responsible for all inaccuracies in your Account information and all activities that occur under your Account, regardless of whether or not you know about them.
- The Content. The Content is available for permissible viewing on or through the KiniDia Services.
- The Video Player. You may not modify, enhance, remove, interfere with, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the Video Player, its underlying technology, any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure incorporated into the Video Player. This restriction includes, without limitation, disabling, reverse engineering, modifying, interfering with or otherwise circumventing the Video Player in any manner that enables users to view the Content without: (i) displaying visibly both the Video Player and all surrounding elements (including the graphical user interface, any advertising, copyright notices, and trademarks) of the webpage where the Video Player is located; and (ii) having full access to all functionality of the Video Player, including, without limitation, all video quality and display functionality and all interactive, elective, or click-through advertising functionality.
- The Apps.
- Accessing Apps from App Stores. The following terms apply to any App accessed through or downloaded from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App may now or in the future be made available (each an “App Provider”). You acknowledge and agree that:
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of KiniDia.
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (1) product liability claims; (2) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (3) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- You must also comply with all applicable third party terms of service when using the App.
- Ownership. As between you and KiniDia, KiniDia and/or KiniDia’s licensors exclusively own, control and retain all right, title and interest in and to the KiniDia Services and the Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the KiniDia Services, including without limitation the Content, are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of Malaysia and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the KiniDia Services, including without limitation the Content.
- Your Responsibilities and KiniDia’s Enforcement Rights. You can access and use the KiniDia Services and Content for lawful personal, non-commercial, and appropriate purposes only. You agree not to engage in any conduct that:
- violates the rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of privacy, publicity, or other proprietary rights, harasses or harms another individual, impersonates any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresents yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity; or (2) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
- uses technology or other means to access, index, frame, search or link to the KiniDia Services (including the Content) that is not authorized by KiniDia; remove, avoid, deactivate, descramble disable, bypass, or circumvent any technological measure implemented by KiniDia or any of KiniDia’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect KiniDia Services, including without limitation content protection or access control mechanisms intended to prevent the unauthorized download, stream capture, linking, framing, reproduction, access to, or distribution of the KiniDia Services;
- accesses, tampers with, or uses non-public areas of the KiniDia Services, KiniDia’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of KiniDia’s providers;
- involves accessing the KiniDia Services (including the Content) through any automated means, including “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers” (other than by individually performed searches on publicly accessible search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices – but not caches or archives – of the KiniDia Services, excluding those search engines or indices that host, promote, or link primarily to infringing or unauthorized content);
- uses any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a KiniDia trademark, logo URL or product name without KiniDia’s express written consent
- deciphers, decompiles, disassembles or reverse engineers any of the software used to provide the KiniDia Services;
- interferes with the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the KiniDia Services;
- introduces viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- damages, disables, overburdens, impairs, or gains unauthorized access to the KiniDia Services, including KiniDia’s servers, computer network, or user accounts;
- removes, modifies, disables, blocks, obscures or otherwise impairs any advertising in connection with the KiniDia Services (including the Content);
- uses the KiniDia Services to advertise or promote services that are not expressly approved in advance in writing by KiniDia;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any KiniDia system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- collects or stores personally identifiable information from KiniDia Services without KiniDia’s authorization;
- violates, or encourages conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation, constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- interferes with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the KiniDia Services; or
- No Spam/Unsolicited Communications. We know how annoying and upsetting it can be to receive unwanted email or instant messages from people you do not know. Therefore, no one may use the KiniDia Services to provide personal information or otherwise collect information about users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited bulk or other communications. You understand that we may take any technical remedies to prevent spam or unsolicited bulk or other communications from entering, utilizing, or remaining within our computer or communications networks. If you Post (as defined below in Section 4) or otherwise send spam, advertising, or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the KiniDia Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to KiniDia and that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to measure.
- Suspension/Discontinuation. We hope not to, but we may change, suspend, or discontinue – temporarily or permanently – some or all of the KiniDia Services (including the Content and the devices through which the KiniDia Services are accessed), with respect to any or all users, at any time without notice. You acknowledge that KiniDia may do so at KiniDia’s sole discretion. You also agree that KiniDia will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the KiniDia Services.
- Internet Access Charges. You are responsible for any costs you incur to access the internet.
- Customer Service; Availability. If we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department by visiting our customer service web page on KiniDiatv.com. You acknowledge that from time to time the KiniDia Services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (i) equipment malfunctions; (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which KiniDia may undertake from time to time; or (iii) causes beyond the control of KiniDia or which are not reasonably foreseeable by KiniDia.
Third Party Posts. You agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against KiniDia with respect to User Material provided by other users. You acknowledge that Posts are public and KiniDia cannot guarantee the accuracy or security of any information provided through such Posts; you access and make such disclosures at your own risk. KiniDia is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any information contained in a Post, and shall not be responsible for any decisions made based on such information. KiniDia prohibits disclosing any inappropriate content or information, personal or sensitive information on or through the KiniDia Services.
5. LINKED DESTINATIONS AND ADVERTISING.
Advertisements. KiniDia is not responsible for advertisements or any third party material posted on any of the KiniDia Services, nor is KiniDia responsible for the products or services provided by advertisers. Any dealings you have with advertisers found while using the KiniDia Services are between you and the advertiser, and you agree that KiniDia is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against an advertiser.
6. TRADEMARKS. KiniDia, the KiniDia logo, KiniDia.com, and other KiniDia marks, graphics, logos, scripts, and sounds are trademarks, registered or otherwise, and trade dress of KiniDia. You may not copy, download or exploit any of the KiniDia trademarks.
7. FEEDBACK. It is KiniDia’s policy not to accept unsolicited submissions, including scripts, story lines, articles, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas, or concepts (“Unsolicited Submissions”). KiniDia’s policy is to delete any such submission without reading it. Therefore, any similarity between an Unsolicited Submission and any elements in any KiniDia creative work, including a film, series, story, title, or concept, would be purely coincidental. We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the KiniDia Services (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at email@example.com (subject line: “Feedback”). You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNITY
THE KINIDIA SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” KINIDIA DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF OR CONTINUOUS AVAILABILITY OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES OR CONTENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KINIDIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES IMPLIED FOR A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, KINIDIA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR USE OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS TO THE KINIDIA SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE KINIDIA SERVICES, CONTENT OR THE SERVERS ON WHICH THEY ARE AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE KINIDIA SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THROUGH USER CONTENT OR THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY OR COMPLETE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KINIDIA WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) RESULTING FROM USE OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES, CONTENT, PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES, CONTENT, ATTENDANCE AT A KINIDIA EVENT, ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE KINIDIA SERVICES OR CONTENT, ANY USER CONTENT, ANY THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENT OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE TRANSMITTED ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE KINIDIA SERVICES, OR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES OR CONTENT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. YOUR USE OF POSTS, THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS, THIRD PARTY SERVICES, AND THE GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTIES IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND AT YOUR OWN RISK.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES AND CONTENT, AND ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, MAY NOT BE SECURE AND MAY BE INTERCEPTED BY UNAUTHORIZED PARTIES. YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FOR THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER PROPERTY OR RECOVERY OR RECONSTRUCTION OF LOST DATA NECESSITATED BY YOUR USE OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KINIDIA’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO KINIDIA FOR THE KINIDIA SERVICES AND CONTENT DURING THE TERM OF YOUR USE OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KINIDIA WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO KINIDIA FOR THE KINIDIA SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF YOUR USE OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY OTHER GENERAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE KINIDIA SERVICES OR CONTENT.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY DAMAGES YOU INCUR ARISING OUT OF KINIDIA‘S ACTS OR OMISSIONS OR YOUR USE OF KINIDIA SERVICES OR CONTENT ARE NOT IRREPARABLE AND ARE INSUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF RESTRICTING THE AVAILABILITY OF OR ANY PERSON’S ABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE ANY PORTION OF THE KINIDIA SERVICES OR CONTENT.
THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF KINIDIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
9. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. We respect copyright law and expect our users to do the same. It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances subscribers or account holders who have been adjudicated as repeat infringers on KiniDia Services. Please direct notifications of claimed copyright infringements to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
(3) Each of you and KiniDia also agrees to give up the ability to seek to represent, in a class action or otherwise, anyone but each of you and KiniDia (see paragraph 9 below).
(5) You and the KiniDia acknowledge and agree to abide by the following rules for arbitration:
(6) Each of you and KiniDia may incur attorneys’ fees during the arbitration. Each side agrees to pay his, her or its own attorneys’ fees unless the claim(s) at issue permit the prevailing party to be paid its attorneys’ fees, and in such instance, the fees awarded shall be determined by the applicable law(s). In addition to whatever rights you may have to recover your attorneys’ fees under applicable law, if you prevail in the arbitration, and if KiniDia failed to make a settlement offer to you before the arbitration or the amount you win is at least 25% greater than KiniDia’s highest settlement offer, then KiniDia will pay your reasonable attorneys’ fees in addition to the amount the arbitrator awarded. If KiniDia wins the arbitration, you will be responsible for your own attorneys’ fees. In addition, if the arbitrator, at the request of the winning party, finds that the losing party brought a claim or asserted a defense frivolously or for an improper purpose, then regardless of the amount in dispute, the arbitrator must order the losing party to pay both sides’ arbitration fees and may order the losing party to pay the winning party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, unless such an award of fees is prohibited by applicable law.
(8) You and KiniDia agree to maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and shall not disclose the fact of the arbitration, any documents exchanged as part of any mediation, proceedings of the arbitration, the arbitrator’s decision and the existence or amount of any award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration (in which case anyone becoming privy to confidential information must undertake to preserve its confidentiality), or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a provisional remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, an order confirming the award, or unless otherwise required by law or court order. In keeping with the confidential nature of the arbitration, You and KiniDia agree that an order confirming award is only necessary if the obligations of the award have not been performed. Therefore, before taking any steps to confirm the arbitration award, the party seeking confirmation of the award must give the other party notice of its intention to confirm the award. If the party who would be the respondent in any such confirmation proceeding performs its obligation under the terms of the arbitration award within 15 business days of such notice, the party who gave notice of its intent to confirm the award shall not seek to confirm or otherwise enforce the award.
You may cancel your Account via the functionality provided in KiniDia Services.
Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of the KiniDia Services or your Account, the following Sections will survive 2(b)(ii), 2(f)(ii), 2(g), 2(h), 6, 8, 10, 11, and 12.
12. GENERAL INFORMATION
Export Controls. Software and the transmission of applicable technical data, if any, in connection with the KiniDia Services are subject to export controls. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding software and the transmission of technical data exported from Malaysia or the country in which you reside.
Choice of Law and Forum.
Except with respect to Disputes to be resolved through an arbitration process in accordance with the Arbitration Agreement contained above, you and KiniDia agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Delaware to resolve any Dispute arising out of the Agreement or the KiniDia Services. YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS-CLAIMS, OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE KINIDIA SERVICES, OR CONTENT MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. AFTER SUCH PERIOD, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.